Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why is my internet explorer shutting down?

This just started happening yesterday. I will be in the middle of something and a box comes up that says internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. You know this box, the one that says send an error report or don't. I ran a virus scan and it was negative. I ran disk defrag. I cleaned off my desktop. I cleaned off my system tray. I emptied my recycle bin and did a disk cleanup. I even went into add/remove programs and deleted stuff we didn't use anymore. Does anyone have any more ideas?



Why is my internet explorer shutting down?microsoft windows xp



Download Firefox and you won't have this problem :)



Why is my internet explorer shutting down?ie 7 internet explorer



"If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable all the add-ons and then enable add-ons one at a time to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7" per



http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa74...



If you can, in Internet Explorer open Microsoft Live OneCare and run a "full scan"



http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/defau...



A last resort would be to uninstall IE7 from ad/remove programs.



Reverts back to an version IE6.



Run a Microsoft Live OneCare, "full scan" and restart before reinstalling IE7.



You can not uninstall IE7 on systems running Vista without reinstalling Vista.



http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product...
what is the size of your RAM?



it might be the problem



try no add-ons under tools menu



might be uncompatible



try unstalling your internet explorer and install it again



it might be the problem



pls. do mind your business nextym. it wuz an honest question.



peace. dont cause any trouble
You can try this tool to fix it:



http://www.fix-pc-errors.info



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++