Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why does Internet Explorer close my system down completely when I hit the X button?

I open an e-mail; it's nothing important, I want to close it out (by hitting the red 'X' box) and every single time I get a posted message from Internet Explorer or Dr. Watson PostMortem Debugger telling me it has to shut down, click 'send' or 'don't send' error report. I hit 'don't send' and the entire system shuts down and takes me to the home page, where I have to log onto the Internet again, log onto Yahoo Mail, etc. If the blue-circle 'back' button is an option I can back out, but once the 'back' button is no longer an option I have no choice but to hit the red 'close' box and I'm right back where I started! Is this a computer-virus related problem, or could it have its origins in my Comcast cable hook-up, which has a weak signal and which is (supposedly) in the process of being upgraded by installing new cable wires. Any help anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated.



Why does Internet Explorer close my system down completely when I hit the X button?microsoft downloads



It has nothign to do with Comcast, believe me. you need to reinstall internet explorer. You coudl also download Mozilla Firefox. It doesnt have those type of errors. Also try deleting your temporary internet files.



Microsoft has a troubleshooter for it



http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++